Statistics and Reporting
The University of Kansas has a responsibility to be transparent and share information to help current students, parents, faculty, staff and visitors, as well as prospective students, parents and employees, assess the safety of our campus.
KU leaders and the Public Safety Office take this responsibility seriously, and the university reports crime and safety data through a variety of offices and channels. If you cannot find specific information you're seeking, please contact us at 785-864-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Crime Alerts:
The Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute to provide transparency around campus crime policy and statistics. The Clery Act requires colleges and universities that receive federal funding to maintain and annually disclose campus crime statistics and security information, as well as details about institutional efforts to improve campus safety.
The Clery Act requires disclosure in four general categories:
- Criminal homicide: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, manslaughter by negligence
- Sexual assault: rape, fondling, incest, statutory rape
- Aggravated assault
- Motor vehicle theft
Any of the above mentioned offenses, and any incidents of:
- Simple assault
- Destruction/damage/vandalism of property
- Domestic violence
- Dating violence
- Weapons law violations
- Drug abuse violations
- Liquor law violations
Sex Offender Report
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation has provided the following list of registered sex offenders who indicated on their registration form that they are either enrolled or employed at the University of Kansas-Lawrence campus. Current address, photo and other information can be found at the provided link.
- Willis, Darian Michael (Status: student)
(Sex Offender Report updated: 09/02/2021)
- The Daily Crime Log can be accessed by going to CityProtect. .
- Crime statistics compilation report for the past 10 years is available by request at 785-864-5900 or email@example.com.
- Additional information on Sexual Assault and Misconduct is available on the Institutional Opportunity & Access (IOA) website.