A number of agencies and organizations require fingerprints. The KU Public Safety Office offers fingerprinting service to KU students, staff, and faculty for no cost and by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact our Community Services office at 785-864-5911.
Carefully read the instructions provided by the requesting agency or organization in regards to fingerprints to ensure you have everything you need when you arrive for fingerprinting. Please bring those instructions with you.
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid driver's license.
- Valid photo ID if photo is not on driver's license.
- Valid KU ID.
- Fingerprint card if one is provided by the agency or organization.
- Envelope with adequate postage if we are required to mail fingerprint card for you.
- Any additional paperwork to be completed by us for the agency or organization.
- Instructions from the agency or organization.
If you are not a KU student, staff or faculty member, please visit the Douglas County Sheriff's Office website for fingerprinting services.